The University of Arizona Medical Center is the only Level 1 Trauma Center south of the Phoenix area and are one of the highest-volume trauma centers in the nation, serving a population of 1.2 million people from Tucson, Southern Arizona, Western New Mexico and Northern Mexico.
We are among the nation’s leaders in shorter hospital stays, lower treatment costs and lower mortality rates, due in large part to the caliber of its surgeons.
If emergency neurosurgery is required, the operating room is notified and the team converges to render life and limb-saving care. Our neurosurgeons then work collaboratively with trauma surgeons and intensive care team to offer the best care for some of the sickest patients.
In addition to exceptional physicians, the trauma center at UMC includes:
- Special trauma resuscitation units
- Fully-staffed operating rooms immediately available
- A Surgical Intensive Care Unit staffed 24 hours a day
- Priority status for lab work and x-rays
- Next-generation CT scanners
- Professional education for EMTs, paramedics, nurses and physicians
- A wide range of more than a dozen on-call specialists